The most reliable route to exam success is repeated practice with content-rich exam papers. This J276 course solves the two problems that attend exam practice: your time and your students' time.
- all answers are auto-marked; teachers' time is freed up to actually teach.
- formative feedback is built in at every stage. The focus is on learning first, assessment second.
How to use the course
- Enter your initial prediction as an Offline Assessment.
- Assign the practice exam papers to get an overview of each student's strengths and weaknesses.
- Use the Gap Analysis to immediately see where additional work is needed.
- Assign Topic Quizzes to both reveal and fill gaps in specific key concepts.
- Use it as a diagnostic tool from the very start of teaching the course. This is not a last-minute panic revision tool.
Make use of the feedback!
Both teachers and students can review short-text responses in the context of their scoring rubrics. Encourage students to use these to eliminate specific weaknesses and misconceptions.
Teachers should also review their students' peer feedback
to multiple-choice questions. Because they are written student-to-student, these reveal a lot about students' true perceptions.
Repeat the assessments
Each of these assessments is intended to be assigned multiple times. Because the questions are randomly drawn from a large bank, students know they will meet some questions more than once. This is the essential motivation to them to pay attention to feedback. Research shows that the mere expectation of multiple attempts boosts retention.
- Paper 1 Practice Exam A bank of 187 questions. We recommend you assign 30 each time, to match the exam. Last updated 26/5/19 20:20
- Paper 2 Practice Exam A bank of 169 questions. We recommend you assign 30 each time, to match the exam.. Last updated 26/5/19 20:20
Topic quizzes Paper 1 (each 10 questions from a larger question bank.)
- 1.1 Systems Architecture. Last updated 28/3/18 10:54
- 1.2 Memory. Last updated 28/3/18 10:54
- 1.3 Storage. Last updated 10/4/18 16:30
- 1.4 Networks. Last updated 28/3/18 10:54
- 1.5 Network Topologies. Last updated 28/3/18 10:54
- 1.6 Security Measures. Last updated 28/3/18 10:54
- 1.7 System Software. Last updated 28/3/18 10:54
- 1.8 Ethical, legal, cultural and environmental concerns. Last updated 28/3/18 10:54
Topic quizzes Paper 2 (each 10 questions from a larger question bank.)
- 2.1 Algorithms. Last updated 28/3/18 10:54
- 2.2 Programming techniques. Last updated 28/3/18 10:54
- 2.3 Robust Programs. Last updated 28/3/18 10:54
- 2.4 Computational logic. Last updated 28/3/18 17:40
- 2.5 Translators and facilities of languages. Last updated 28/3/18 10:54
- 2.6 Data representation. Last updated 28/3/18 10:54
The short-text questions in our Premium quizzes are auto-marked using an artificially-intelligent algorithm that can match the mark a human moderator would give at least 80% of the time. When a student challenges the mark the algorithm assigns, you should look at the individual student's response and form your own judgement.
Find the responses listed at Assignments Tab->Results->Short text responses
Long (8-mark) questions
Long-text questions have been suspended pending review.
This course was created by: